I see this drink on serious repeat all summer long in my house! Also, it would be pretty easy to turn this into an adult beverage for any of you looking for some healthier cocktail recipes. Just add vodka!
I’m always looking for ways to get more water in, but not just plain, ole water… something fruit infused, maybe with a splash of something… you know what I mean. (I’m giggling now looking at about 4 different liquid cups/bottles on my desk right now) #LiquidLover
If you catch me on snapchat, you know I like to supersize my ACV shot (I posted HERE about the ACV shot I do + benefits). Basically, it’s the ACV shot, lots of water, ice and a little liquid stevia.
But, ACV (aka Apple Cider Vinegar) isn’t for everyone, so I created this drink recipe to be beneficial but sweet and refreshing!
This drink is officially added to my liquid line up and I’m really into the ginger addition!
Benefits of Ginger:
- Helps fight infections due to the bioactive substance known as gingerol that is contained within the ginger root, which can help inhibit the growth of bacteria and reduce the risk of infesctoions
- Powerful anti-inflammatory and pain reducer (can definitely help those menstrual cramps!)
- Positive impact on stabilizing blood sugar; for the same reason I love apple cider vinegar, some newer studies have shown ginger helps lower blood sugar
- Reduce muscle soreness mainly due to the anti-inflammatory properties
- Can help combat nausea / morning sickness (I’ve read articles that ginger has been used for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy! wow!)
In yesterday’s Q+A post, I shared a few pics of me in the kitchen, but now I wanted to share the actual recipe I was making white taking those photos.
Try this out and I bet you’ll love it! Also, I found I can make a bigger batch of the ginger/liquid brew (stop after step 2 in the instructions below) and store in covered in the refrigerator for a week or two. The lemonade itself stays good for a few days.
1 cup strawberries, sliced
8 oz ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
Sweetener (ex: 1/3 cup of agave or maple syrup or 1 tsp liquid stevia)
1. Pulse ginger in a food processor until the consistency is like a chunky paste
2. Boil 6 cups of water and ginger in a sauce pan; reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about half (~3 cups liquid)
3. Strain the liquid as you pour it into a large jar
4. Mix in lemon juice, sweetener and sliced strawberries
5. Allow strawberries to infuse for an hour up to overnight in the refrigerator or you may choose to muddle the strawberries first for more of an instant flavor
*Recipe Note: start with less sweetener than desired and add as much until desired sweetness is reached
PIN IT TO SAVE
PRINT IT TO SAVE
>> DOWNLOAD HERE <<
JOIN THE MEAL PLAN TODAY!
Easy-to-follow guidelines, 100’s of recipes, exclusive meal plan member emails, and all future updates for free (get the brand new Warm + Toasty Cookbook instantly)!
See physical results through food + enjoy every bite!
Photography by Jennifer Mathews Photography